Support our work in human rights, academic and scientific freedom
- We act to stop assaults on scientists and scholars by governments and other abusive or misguided authorities.
- We act in support of individuals who may have been victims of abuse through loss of position, detainment or wrongful arrest, torture, loss of opportunity to carry out their work, restraint from travel to professional meetings, inability to receive due process, to communicate with family members or to receive adequate health care while detained.
- When we find evidence of human rights violations, CCS works separately and with other human rights organizations advocating on behalf of wronged scientists, scholars, engineers, and physicians in an effort to help them seek justice, freedom, and fair treatment.
Our services are needed now more than ever. It is troubling, indeed, that ever more vigilance assuring human rights for those at risk continues to be necessary.
HOW TO DONATE TO THE COMMITTEE OF CONCERNED SCIENTISTS
There are multiple ways to make additional donations to CCS. We are listing some of them here for those of you who are unaware of the possibilities. Some donations can come to CCS without much effort on your part and without your having to expend additional funds after your annual donation. Below is a list of some of the possible ways to make donations that will benefit CCS. CCS is a 501(c)(3) charity organization.
* The Usual Ways – Send a Check, Bank Check or Money Order to:
– Donate through PayPal
– Recurring Donations: PayPal will allow you to set up a recurring donation so that you may provide payments throughout the year sent on a regular schedule automatically to CCS.
– Credit Card – you can contact the CCS office and we will take the information allowing you to charge your donation to a credit card.
* Matching Funds – Many employers have programs that will provide matching funds be sent to the charity of your choice. For every dollar you donate, your employer will do the same. You should check with your employer to see if they already have such a program or are willing to set one up. And select CCS as your charity.
* Stock Transfers – CCS has an investment account with Etrade. You can transfer stock that you own to CCS as your donation. If you choose to do a stock transfer, contact our office at 917-842-4796 and we will give you the information you will need to proceed.
* Bequests – Most charities receive most of their funding through bequests made to the charity that supporters include in their wills and other legal documents in the handling of their investments, 401K funds, IRA funds, etc. We would appreciate your inclusion of CCS when setting up the distribution of your funds. If you need information from CCS to do this please contact our office for assistance.
* Merchants Who Provide Donations to Charities of Your Choice
When you make purchases or use services of these merchants, many provide a small percentage of purchases/cost of services to charities of your choice. It requires you to sign up for such a program (but costs you nothing). We encourage you to check merchants you use online to see if they provide such a service. Merchants that we know that have such a program and approve CCS are:
– Amazon (register online at their charity site called AmazonSmiles.com) and select The Committee of Concerned Scientists as your charity, order as you would ordinarily order from Amazon, and anytime you make purchases, they will add funds to our account which they disburse quarterly. Remember to place the orders on AmazonSmiles.com instead of the regular Amazon account. They do NOT inform us of the buyer nor the amount of the purchase, but the funds accrue to the CCS account. If all of our supporters did this it could provide a considerable amount of additional funds. I do this, personally, and CCS has received $46 – just on my little purchases alone. If you (and your family members) did this it adds up over a year. And if you have a business – even better.
– PayPal has a charity program that does the same as Amazon. You sign up for it and when you use PayPal funds accrue in the CCS account.
– eBay also has a charity program that works the same as the Amazon and PayPal programs.
If you have questions please call (570) 994-2093 or
Please make all checks out to The Committee of Concerned Scientists.
*Donations to the Committee of Concerned Scientists are tax-deductible. CCS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.